No rental car is available in Hawaii! Don't cancel your trip to Hawaii yet! Seeing a Hawaiian island may be hard without a rental car but it isn't impossible. Try these tips for planning your Hawaii vacation.
Tips for Getting Around Hawaii Without a Rental Car:
1. Stay in a central resort location like Poipu or Kapa'a (Kauai), Waikiki or Ko Olina (Oahu), Kohala Coast or Hilo (Big Island), Wailea or Ka'anapali (Maui)
2. Rent a bike, moped, electric bike, camper van, Porsche roadster, Aloha Motor Sports, Hui rideshare app, motorcycle, or another unconventional mode of transport
3. Try the public bus system on each island
4. Book a local tour guide to pick you up. We like Hawaii Tours: https://thehawaiivacationguide.com/HawaiiTours
5. Uber, Lyft, or taxi to get around
6. Enjoy the activities at your resort!
Sign up for our newsletter for more Hawaii vacation advice:
We are an affiliate partner with Hawaii Tours. We earn a few dollars when you complete a booking with them but we would never recommend someone we don't trust!